Survive the wilderness in this Western-inspired base builder. Craft your world by placing isometric tiles, explore various biomes, and unravel the secrets of the land. But beware of the lost souls roaming the wilds.
Developer: Square Glade Games
Platforms: Steam (Eventually PS5, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.)
Links: Website, Discord
Release Date: May 25, 2023
Status: Full Release, demo available as a Prologue
- An isometric world made of tiles, created by the player during play.
- Survival systems, including crafting, cooking, hunting, fishing and more.
- Deep base building with lots of outdoor and indoor assets.
- Crops farming and gardening.
- A rogue-lite long-term progression system with high replayability value.
- A fictional universe inspired by the Wild West. Uncover the secrets of the land... and zombies!
- An exciting story about complex settlers and tribe conflicts, play as a young woman destined to discover who she really is.
Many of the typical survival genre cornerstones; thirst, hunger, fatigue, and state of mind. During my time in the alpha, I found them well-balanced and noticeable enough to be detrimental but not incredibly punishing.
You can craft, cook, farm, hunt, and fish to maintain your needs. While there aren't SCUM levels of detail, the mechanics are smooth and adorable enough to make them fun.
The developer sent me a press key to jump into the game with the ongoing demo; you can find my full thoughts and review at this link from my time in the game as an Alpha. (Note that the game is currently in Beta, so this review covers some outdated content.)
The developer is killing it with the dedication and the quality of the work going into this game. He releases a near-constant stream of information through developer video logs and teasers of upcoming content. In addition, community polls and input often lead to changes or adjustments -and that's not just from the testers but actionable input from everyone interested in the game. So if you're interested in the game, join the official Discord or follow him on Twitter to keep abreast of things.
- Kickstarter backers received Alpha access at the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
- The title is Old Western slang for “stay alive.”
- This adorable website tells us the game will (eventually) be coming to Steam, Switch, PS5, and Xbox One.
- The developer is committed to working on the game as a single-player experience- will update if that changes. (Dev Response, Steam Forums)
- At the end of January 2023, the developer added fast travel to the game in the form of horses that will transport you for carrots. (Steam News Post)
- 5/26/23- Page originally added to the website on 2/25/22, date adjusted on 5/26/23 when transitioned from 'Upcoming' to 'Index' directory listing.
- 3/26/23- Pictures updated, info tab updated.
- 3/9/23 - Changelog added, and the page brought up to date.