Discover the mysteries of the Atacama, explore the abandoned mining networks, evade the scorching sun and survive the environment in one of the most arid place in the world. Arid is a FREE survival game made by students from Breda University.
Developer: Sad Viscacha Studio
Release Date: Jun 29, 2021
Status: Full Release - Free game!
- Avoid sun exposure and keep your body temperature low.
- Keep yourself well-fed and hydrated. Water will be a scarce resource!
- Find abandoned locations and use them as temporary refuges.
- Consume energy with every action, find a bed and strategize how many resources are needed to recover it back.
- Unlock different refuge facilities, such as the crafting bench, animal traps and the fireplace.
- Prepare food and craft all the items required for your survival.
- Hide from the lethal sandstorms.
- Discover the stories of the people that lived in this mysterious part of the desert.
Stay well-fed, hydrated, and well-rested. Extreme temperatures influence your sun exposure and body temperature.
Arid is a small, desert-based survival game designed as a school project by students from Breda University. Is it a sprawling open world with many features, mechanics, acres of shit to do, etc.? Unfortunately, no. But it’s gorgeous, engaging, and a damn solid experience for a team of students.
The game operates closer to a bushcraft survival/more traditional survival game than a game with a bare-bones food/hunger mechanic. As a result, I find it much more helpful/relevant to recommend this game to folks dipping their toe into the survival pool versus having them transition from something like Valheim to Green Hell.
Hands down, give it a try!
- 3/12/23- Changelog added.