Blind Descent is a multiplayer open-world survival adventure game with up to 4 players set in the Martian underground.
- Survive on a vast subterranean world beneath the Martian surface.
- Dive deep into dangerous dungeons and gather resources.
- Climb dynamically, craft tools that can help you pass obstacles.
- Progress through the story and unlock the mysteries and the fate of the missing pioneer team.
- Build your house, deck out your buildings with furniture, crafting tools, and more.
- Track the footsteps of the missing pioneer team and learn their fate.
- Play with your friends- up to four people.
At the risk of sounding a bit like a broken record, I am cautiously hopeful/optimistic. Pretty much the same level as I am with any other upcoming game that has a lot of mechanical/overall depth promised. I like the idea of this subterranean enclosed world that's hidden away. It's a neat hook. And no zombies!
There also seems to be a tremendous level of detail/attention paid to the decor items available for your base building. At least in the video footage (and one of the images above) there's a variety of potted plants, a bunch of wooden furniture that look more decorative than useful, etc. I wonder how much of it will have some interaction based purpose - like sitting in the chairs, having the flowers fulfill something other than simply being eye candy. Upping some type of morale maybe, or a small boost to energy regen for example.
I'll be keeping an eye on their monthly blogs, Twitter, and Discord for information. If I spot anything- I'll update this post.
Wishlist Blind Descent and other great games via our Curator Page on Steam!
- Blind Descent went live on their social media platforms back in mid/late 2020, posting for a smidgen of time before dropping inactive. In a Twitter post dated Aug 9th of 2020, it was mentioned that the game had already been in the works for two years.
- The development team began posting monthly updates to their Steam page starting in January of 2022. It was mentioned that May wouldn't received a posted update as the team was not only busy completing unfinished work, but the game had been moved from UE4 to UE5, which spawned some new bugs/issues. (Steam Page Events)
- There will be a natural progression system. Ex: running often will increase maximum stamina, or taking care of oneself- showers, sleeping regularly. There will be small benefits that will boost some capabilities. (Developer interview with MathChief)
There is no additional Hashtag Survival content on this title.