Years after an ancient and enigmatic mechanism flooded Earth with radiation, you and your team are tasked with investigating the source of the incident. Build, craft, and explore alone or with friends in this hostile, mysterious wasteland, using the power of electricity and water to survive.
Platforms: Steam, Epic, Console ports planned
Links: Discord, Twitter, Patreon
Release Date: TBA. The developer is currently working toward a closed playtest with Patreon backers, perhaps by the midpoint of 2023.
Status: In development
- Chop down trees, find metals and gather resources to build a cozy base to defend yourself from mutated wildlife.
- Use the power of wind, sun and water to generate electricity and power up your base by building water wheels, wind turbines and solar panels.
- Brace yourself for weather changes that will affect your electricity production (frozen rivers stopping your water wheels, night affecting your solar panel production…)
- Build wooden gutters and use the water pumps & pipes to transport wood logs to your sawmills, automating your system to make planks.
- Explore the world and find new recipes to make new tools and build parts that will allow you to progress further.
- Be ready for thunderstorms, blizzards and other forces of nature affecting your daily life.
- Find a dog companion to join you in this survival hell and help you fight.
Not much detail has been given regarding how the survival aspects will work, I will update this when there's more information!
I’m pretty intrigued by this game based on these crazy detailed videos & images. I’m not typically into the high-end complex building – electrical grids and the like- but the developer is putting enough twists on things that it will be fresh & new. The water system videos are slick, and there will be immersive tool & weapon usage – hell, you can even run around with a dog!
I’m cautiously optimistic about this inventory system, which resembles The Forest’s never-ending magical tarp system, though with a Derelicts twist. In Forest, it was pretty clunky near the end, and I’m hoping we don’t fall into that same disorganized mess.
I’d like to see more information & details on the enemy AI. While we’ve seen how they add to the atmosphere, the variety of forms, and even a little of how they might work in packs– I’d like to know more about how they’ll tie into the game experience. The Forest AI, to me, was the pinnacle of creepy engagement- how they operated in groups and scaled up over time helped justify the multiplayer status. I’m always worried about balance in multiplayer survival games--sometimes, there’s nothing for a group of folks to do, and the content becomes trivialized. The developer did mention- in a February 2022 Q&A - that the aggressive AI will ramp up over time in terms of difficulty. They may possibly attack player bases, there could be mechanics or player behaviors that encourage more AI attacks/engagement. Bases will be relevant and useful to survival.
I’m also curious about the depth of the survival mechanics- things like food, cooking, hunting, etc. In The Forest, as we all remember, it was elementary and relatively clunky. With the detail & complexity of the systems we’ve seen so far, I hope the survival aspects receive as much love.
- While the Developer has (clearly, based on progress) been working on developing the game for over a year, he took a year vacation from his job in September of 2021 to pursue game development full-time. (Discord Source Link)
- The Dev imagines the game as a blend of The Forest and Satisfactory. (Reddit)
2/5/2022 Developer Livestream Community Q&A (Link)
- First, and perhaps most importantly, the dog cannot die. However- it can be knocked out.
- The map will be, in estimation, around twice the size of the map in The Forest.
- The developer will look into Random Spawn Points and Player Hosted Servers. No promises were made.
- While the Hunger mechanic will be impactful, he doesn’t want it to be a pain in the ass. Envisioning somewhere between Green Hell and The Forest.
- There are Normal and Hard modes planned; no further details. There is also a Creative and/or Pacifist mode planned. The developer is interested in the idea of Permadeath and will explore how that may fit into the game.
- An Alpha, Beta, and Early Access are currently planned. Timing and access may largely depend on a future (possible) Kickstarter campaign.
- He plans to offer male and female avatars but possibly no customization beyond gender.
- Enemy AI will ramp up over time in terms of difficulty. Think similar to The Forest. Potentially attacking the player's base, mechanics or player behaviors could encourage more AI attacks/engagement. Bases will be relevant and useful to survival.
- Inventory layout/mechanic in carrying quantities will be similar to The Forest.
- When you die, you’ll also drop your backpack of gear, which can be recovered.
- The price point at release is planned for $17-$20 USD.
- 3/9/23 - Added Changelog.
- 3/5/2023 - Hashtag Content & Review tab updated.