Drive 4 Survival is a struggle for survival mostly in the frozen wilderness, where you have to rely only on yourself and your car. Try to survive!
- Multiple systems/mechanics- player leveling, blueprints, and reputation
- SURVIVAL SYSTEM (food, water, fatigue, ambient and body temperature, oxygen, poison etc.)
- Multiple types of AI (Animals, Bandits, Zombies) that will actually fight each other.
- Farm, build, trade, and craft. Explore dungeon like areas (bunkers,etc)
- There are future plans/intentions, some articulated on the Steam page
Survival mechanics include: food, water, fatigue, ambient and body temperature, oxygen, poison, etc.
There are some games that just strike me as being quirky time fillers on something handheld- like a Switch style game. For reference, Stardew Valley, Moonlighter, Flame and the Flood- these are games that kinda tick that box for me, and this one kinda does too? I also want to point out quickly that I did tag it as both Horror and Non because, while it does have zombies, they are the most ridiculous looking non scary zombies ever, sooo.
I think it’s fun & amusing to play in its current state. It’s got a quirky, unique look – and while there’s nothing fantastically EARTH SHATTERING about the game premise (zombies, wolves, bears, AI bandits, loot and travel, etc) I still burned over two hours in it before I realized the time had passed.
I like the expanded emphasis on cars, long relegated in survival games to “that thing I use to cross the map fast OR carry many things” but here it’s kinda turned into your…survival sidekick? The developers seem devoted to wanting to work more on the game, but are currently sidelined by financial issues.
I’m gonna go ahead and give this one a Yay. Just a heads up-if you’re a content creator, be wary on using the in game/in car radios to avoid DRM take-downs.
There is no additional Hashtag Survival content on this game at this time.