Empyrion – Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build powerful ships, mighty space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and discover the mysteries of Empyrion!
Developer: Eleon Game Studios
Links: Website, Discord
Release Date: Aug 5, 2020
Status: Full Release
- Free roaming space and planet exploration. Procedurally generated solar system.
- Building and construction, crafting, resource gathering and mining
- Hunting, farming, and a food system
- Play as sandbox survival or in creative mode
- Singleplayer and multiplayer
- Wildlife and varied AI enemies
- Experience and tech tree
- Voxel based terrain allows for terrain deformation
Basic survival requirements of food and oxygen, coupled with inventory management. Also, stay safe from hostile creatures!
Even though I’ve ventured into No Man’s Sky – and enjoyed it! - I’m not much of a space dude for some reason. I’ve also really enjoyed Icarus-but maybe that’s because it doesn’t feel so much like a space game for some reason. I mean, outside of the space-type suits you’re wearing, the alien planets, etc.
While I haven’t played it yet, it’s interesting to note that friends & content creators I’ve spoken with tend to agree with the negative reviews from the Steam store page. A kinda TLDR of “is fun, had/have fun, could be better, but some of these fucking bugs & issues are both long-lasting AND just a real pain in the ass.” Recently Empyrion has been updated with an assload of new content, so perhaps the priority will be shifting toward cleaning up bugs & issues that folks experience? I'll update you when I end up picking it up.
- 3/12/23- Changelog added.