Empyrion – Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build powerful ships, mighty space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and discover the mysteries of Empyrion!
- Free roaming space and planet exploration. Procedurally generated solar system.
- Building and construction, crafting, resource gathering and mining
- Hunting, farming, and a food system
- Play as sandbox survival or in creative mode
- Singleplayer and multiplayer
- Wildlife and varied AI enemies
- Experience and tech tree
- Voxel based terrain allows for terrain deformation
Even though I’ve ventured into No Man’s Sky – and enjoyed it!- I’m not really much of a space dude for some reason. I’ve also really enjoyed Icarus-but maybe that’s because it doesn’t feel so much like a space game for some reason. I mean outside of the space type suits you’re wearing, and the alien planets, etc etc.
While I haven’t played it yet myself, it’s interesting to note that the friends & content creators I’ve spoken with tend to agree with the Mixed Review status the game currently holds on their Steam store page. A kinda TLDR of “is fun, had/have fun, could be better, but some of these fucking bugs are both long lasting AND just a real pain in the ass”. I know recently they’ve pushed out an assload of new content, so maybe the priority will be shifting more towards cleaning up bugs & issues that folks experience? I’ll give it a big old neutral stamp for now- and update if I manage to get my hands on it.