Welcome to the first edition of the Survival Roundup, a weekly blog post that will cover interesting news tidbits from games within the Survival genre umbrella.
I’ll include some overall news updates for the month of February in this first Roundup, though future Roundups will cover a one week time span. Time sensitive news will, moving forward, be conveyed via Twitter and Discord.
As always, make sure you check out the rest of this website for a filterable Survival Game Index- and don’t forget to join our Discord! You can also check out my Curator page for over 60 mini reviews of survival/survival adjacent games.
Roundup Published: 2/25/22
- The Infected has posted a roadmap for 2022– and while multiplayer has officially been given a NO, folks are pleased at many of the other additions, including NPCs, new AI animals, and a planned overhaul to the enemy AI. Discord is the best method of keeping in touch with updates.
- Skye unveiled a new website, much cleaner/easier to navigate than the former incarnation. Instagram and Discord remain the best way to keep up with any posted updates on this title.
- Above Snakes was successfully funded via Kickstarter and hit numerous Stretch Goals-including Companion Animal and Console Ports! You can still back it by pre-ordering via the Crytivo store via this Kickstarter update. Twitter is a great way to follow along for updates.
- Derelicts made this news list with confirmation that you CAN pet the dog. Follow them on Twitter for crazy videos and pictures of the games development.
- The Gold River Project developers will talking about the game at Indie Game Fest with the folks from Indie Hub on Monday, Feb 28th at 10:00am PST.
- After a little (OK a lot) of dormancy, the developer of Mist Survival did post a small News Update earlier in the month- the fluidity of the dogs movement is pretty impressive!
- Survive The Nights is looking great on the Steam Deck! Weirdly it is one of the few survival games I have seen confirm any type of Deck status. Be sure to visit them on Discord and tell them I said hey!
- Formerly dead in the water early access title Hold Your Own is alive once more and under new management. With most of its bad press because of the abandonment, folks seem excited to see the title being worked on again.
- Dying Light 2 came out to rave reviews, and I’m not going to bother linking it because Techland has a giant PR department to handle tooting their own horn. I have to try and get back into it since I dropped it when button remapping wouldn’t stick, and it’s hard to parkour when your muscle memory has you hitting a key bind that won’t work. (I mean it’s technically not HARD to parkour but it’s hard to stick the landing!)
- Fractured Veil posted a huge update on their Steam News page; an upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.27, performance tweaks, and some truly gorgeous updates to the weather system. Their Twitter is great for visuals.
- The Long Dark is now confirmed as being Steam Deck verified!