A single and multiplayer open world sandbox, crafting and survival FPS game set in a multi-island land where you’ll fight to survive. Build your base, hunt and craft to defend yourself from aggressive wildlife, enemies or friends. Do you have what it takes to Hold Your Own?
Developer: DistrictWare Inc.
Release Date: Dec 1, 2017
Status: Early Access
- Single (Multiplayer mode was removed for a rework.)
- Character Hunger, Thirst, Body Temperature Mechanics
- Base Building
- Crafting; building components, furniture, workbenches, clothing, ammo and weapons
- Hunting, Farming, and Food Cooking Mechanics
- Power/Electricity Mechanics
- Gathering Resources
- Mining and refining of ores
- Friendly NPCs; Trader, Arms Dealer, Pharmacist, Mechanic
- Kill AI Enemies
- Animal Husbandry
- Day/Night Cycle, Weather Cycle
Will update as the overhaul by the new developer progresses.
Haven't played the game yet, so no personal feedback on that front. And it’s honestly hard to get a good read on the game through Steam reviews, as it’s been flooded with folks leaving negative feedback because of the abandonment. However, if you check the Steam discussion boards and their Discord, you see that those who play are (mostly) devoted fans. I'll return to this once I've played, so watch the changelog in the Notes tab.
- So the game came out in 2017, and I guess it did OK for a bit…before falling into some type of rut. There was a lot of back and forth over updates; the developer would disappear & reappear, etc. Then it flat-lined for quite a while- until Feb of 2022. Now it’s under new management and will, in theory, be moving forward with updates, content, and the works.
- 3/12/23- Changelog added.