HumanitZ is a top-down, open-world zombie survival shooter set a few years after the outbreak. Survive, explore, scavenge, build, craft, hunt, farm, fish and more. Do all this alone or with other survivors. You can’t change the past…. Live for today!
- Scavenge, build, craft, hunt, farm, and fish
- Different Zombie Types
- 4 Player Co-op (demo is single-player only)
- Loads of Weapons
- Drivable Vehicles
- Huge World to Explore
- Dynamic Weather
- Character Selection
- Character Perks and Stats
- Permadeath (Hardcore Mode)
- Per their Discord, if sales go well they may explore the option of a console release.
- While the game is built with 4 player COOP in mind, you can play the game by yourself in offline mode.
- The camera angle was a design choice specifically chosen by the developers as they felt they didn’t require 4k textures to create a good looking environment. (Developers, Discord FAQ)
- At launch there are trader and enemy NPCs planned (Steam thread)
- Mod support is planned (Steam thread)
- The development team is comprised of 3 people.
I’m interested in the overall look & vibe of this game- it kinda looks like…maybe Survive the Nights had a baby with End Zone: A World Apart. I spoke with one of the developers who mentioned that folks kinda compare it to a baby between DayZ and Project Zomboid. I could see that. Their first developer log is a really excellent glimpse of the game features, the progress they’re making, and the look of weapons, menus and more.
I really enjoyed my time in the demo which was a bit of a surprise to me because I’m not really a fan of the top down setup for survival titles. It was easy to adjust to the movement & engagement with this viewpoint, though I definitely continually forget to pivot my mouse- which leaves my character kinda hilariously moonwalking/running in the direction we need to go. I honestly don’t want to go into too much here since the damn demo is FREE and you can literally go PLAY IT and it costs you nothing. Menus/interface very clean and easy to navigate, overall vibe deliciously rugged and engaging.