Keep moving, the world is dying! In this Nomadic Survival MMO, you can build walking mobile bases to travel to new lands. Join up with a clan and fight for territory. Resources deplete fast, so grab your sword and get ready to scavenge, pirate, and trade to stay alive.
- Traverse the world on your Walker- a mobile base that can be adapted for travel, transportation, harvesting, and combat
- Trade in a player driven economy
- The large, open world is made up of many interconnected oases that are over 100km2 each. Potentially thousands of oases exist simultaneously – the number automatically adjusts to accommodate the size of the playerbase
- Dynamic, skill-based directional melee combat
- Ability to Clan up and PvP, as well as avoid offline base raiding
- Base building & crafting
Last Oasis launched back in 2020 to a decent amount of hype & fanfare. It was completely unique! No plane crash and zombie filled wasteland! New shit, survival mechanics- and of course multiplayer & pvp, which always sweeten the deal. I jumped in for a smidgen of time and ended up shelving it. I just have a hard time getting into a new game that mechanically handles in a crappier fashion than similar games on my playlist. I typically place them on the back burner and check in on them from time to time, which is pretty much what I did with Last Oasis!
Time passed and the game fell solidly into a Mixed review status. Bit of a blend of things really- the quality of the PvE aspects, the griefing & unbalanced nature of the PvP interactions (zerg clans, etc), and bits of misc here and there. In April of 2022 the developers decided to entirely overhaul the game and have been posting detailed Steam blog posts on the upcoming changes. Now season 5 is live with the changes!
I hope that the proposed changes can turn things around for the game, as some of the posts thus far have been met with mixed reviews and/or blow-back. And especially hope that it improves the experience for solo players! Overall it’s currently not a bad pickup when it’s on sale. I’ll grade it neutral until I try some of the future changes.