Ozone Wipeout is a post apocalyptic zombie survival game in an endless, procedurally generated open world. Staying alive is your only goal which is much easier said than done. Harsh weather conditions, zombies and resource scarcity are only a few of many things you will have to deal with.
Links: Link Tree
Release Date: TBA
Status: In development
- Explore an endless and fully procedurally generated world where everything is generated as you move around the world. Every road, every building and its interior, every object and item and even every piece of grass is procedurally placed or generated. Survive in a new world with every survival attempt or play in the same world again by using the same world seed. Share your seed with other players so they get the same world generated for them to explore.
- Day and Night cycle
- Manage hunger, thirst, and your level of exhaustion
- In depth injury system featuring lacerations, bruises, and scratches
- Scavenge and Craft
- Dynamic weather
- Features permadeath, but can be disabled in sandbox mode
- Will support modding
Thoughts on this are pending, will update when there's more information.
I like the Devlogs- they're very detailed, and you can see the progression of the game's development in real time. I also like how firm/transparent the developer is on specific features: being open to multiplayer and a yes to modding, including permadeath and the procedurally generated world. That level of transparency is worth its weight in gold and avoiding future shitstorms. Discord and Twitter are the handiest for following along with the game and engaging the Dev. You can even chat with him on the Hashtag Survival Discord server!
- Similar to The Long Dark, crafting in Ozone Wipeout is based around the passage of time, which is always a neat feature. (Twitter)
- Per the Developers Twitter bio, they are a former Minecraft mapmaker. Interesting to see how that influences the development of Ozone Wipeout in terms of art style/mechanics/map generation. Early approval of mod support may play in to that as well- with many indie devs typically reluctant to weigh in on mods until later in development or even release.
- Incredibly detailed Devlogs can be viewed on the games Discord and also the Itch.io page.
- The game is built in Unity. The Dev has programmed a system for modular procedural algorithms for the game that they plan to release to the asset store. (Reddit comment)
- Multiplayer is not planned but the Dev isn’t ruling it out as something far (far) down the line/if sales support the feature. (Steam Developer comment)
- 3/9/23 - Changelog added.