By yourself or with friends, your mission is to survive an epic oceanic adventure across a perilous sea! Gather debris to survive, expand your raft and be wary of the dangers of the ocean!
Developer: Redbeet Interactive
Links: Discord, Website
Modes: Singleplayer, Player hosted co-op
Release Date: May 23, 2018
Status: Full Release
- Multiplayer! Survive by yourself or with friends in online co-op!
- Hook! Use your hook to catch debris floating by.
- Craft! Build survival equipment, weapons, crop plots and more to help you stay alive!
- Build! Expand your raft from a simple wreckage to a buoyant mansion.
- Research! Learn new things to craft in the research table.
- Navigate! Sail your raft towards new places!
- Dive! Drop anchor and explore the depths for more resources.
- Fight! Defend your raft from the dangers of the ocean.
Incredibly minimal and laid back. Food/water, but very easy to maintain.
I put less than 10 hours into the game with my sister, and that was all I needed to see that the game wasn’t for me. I’m very particular about how I can spend my gaming time, so it was already fighting against my dislike of the art style, the gameplay loop of the hook/scavenge mechanic, etc. A significant aspect is a reliance on the building & decoration of the raft. While some parts further trivialize or automate survival aspects, much of it is aimed at just upbeat construction & decoration. Overall it doesn't feel like survival, just a low-key adventure game- which is not my cup of tea.
HOWEVER! The game art is quirky & fun. So if you’re big into a more relaxed survival experience- and you’re a lover of base (well, raft) building & decor crafting- this is the perfect gameplay loop for you!
- 3/12/23- Changelog added.