The year is 3600 CE. After narrowly avoiding extinction, humanity turned away from war and strife, choosing life and peace. Time for you to undertake the rite of passage. Journey to the legendary Enen. Explore, forage, hunt, build, and meditate to finish the rite and find your place in the world.
Developer: Head West
Release Date: August 1st, 2022
Status: Full Release
- First person, open world, futuristic survival game.
- Players will be able to craft, build, hunt, forage, gather, fish, and explore.
- Throughout the island the player will find meditation points that will take them on guided meditations, and breathing exercises that will unlock new items to craft.
The survival aspects of this game are very low key and lacking in friction- easily attained water & food.
Retreat to Enen took part in the most recent Steam Next Fest, giving folks access to a demo for a couple of weeks. While limited in scope – it only included one biome, for example- the demo did allow folks to check things and form some opinions. That being said, it did release to mixed reviews- which is where it sits currently.
- For those interested in behind-the-scenes, the game is made using Blueprints. And, at least in August of ’21, the game is intended for various platforms.
- Picked up by publisher Freedom Games (Steam Press Release 8/6/21)
- Set to release on console(s) according to the developer(?)
- Retreat to Enen formerly existed in the developers' mind as Courage Island. Interesting to see how far it’s come.
- 3/14/23- Changelog added.