Road to Eden is a third-person multiplayer survival coop game, set within the post-apocalyptic ruins of a world destroyed by an alien invasion. You wake up at the side of the road with no memory and must team up with other survivors to make the long and dangerous journey to Eden.
- Road to Eden is played as single player and on official dedicated servers or player created servers as multiplayer/co-op.
- Can be played as PvP or PvE
- Crafting and base building
- The world of Road to Eden has a variety of randomly generated dungeons, bunkers, sewers, caves with no loading screen, fight your way through the dungeons to gain experience, loot, find rare items, and get skill points. (In progress)
- Many other future plans/updates can be viewed via their road map, linked in the Discord server.
I dunno, I suppose there are survival elements- food, water- but they can be maintained with little to no effort.
I’ve attempted to get into this game many… many many times. I’ve spread these tests over time & content patches to ensure I’m giving it a fair shot. (And, sadly, pushing myself beyond Steams paltry 2 hour refund policy…)
Plot twist! Still can’t stand it. If you want to try it on sale, watch your time played carefully. This one is right up there with my other “Just Say NO” games: keybinding/movement that make me want to toss the monitor, latency, glitches, audio/visual mismatch and bugs, lackluster combat, looting and crafting.
There is a Discord where the Developer appears to at least be engaged and responsive to the Community- they also have a roadmap to track upcoming plans/changes. Word to the wise, the Discord is just as much of a sprawling & jumbled mess as the game itself. The Dev has also recently launched a spin off game called RTE Worlds, so I’m unsure if Eden will continue on with development or if he’ll eventually shelve it for the bells & whistles of the new game.
There is no additional Hashtag Survival content on this game at this time.