Starsand is a mystic survival game set among the dunes of an arcane desert. An open-world full of danger, vast environments and mysterious happenings await you! Explore, hunt, craft, build – and SURVIVE.
Developer: Tunnel Vision Studio
Platforms: PS4, PS5, XBox One, XBox Series X, Switch, Steam, GoG.com, Epic
Links: Website, Discord
Modes: Singleplayer, multiplayer in the works.
Release Date: Nov 4, 2021
Status: Full Release
- Large open game world in an exciting desert setting with an area of over 64 km².
- The lovingly designed world, far away from civilization, holds many impressive monuments, artifacts, and creatures of the past, as well as modern times.
- Survival action par excellence! Weather and desert capers as well as terrestrial and extra-terrestrial enemies awaken the pure survival instinct!
- Gather, build, secure - for protection against heat, cold, and the unknown enemy.
- Dynamic weather and day/night changes demand good planning, wise action, and a large portion of courage, especially in the desert.
- A mystical, thrilling story and the solving of numerous puzzles answer many open questions during the exciting journey into the unknown.
Basic requirements of food, water, and temperature with a crafting emphasis & inventory management.
So the entire background of my interaction with Starsand and the development team- I helped organize the Discord/ Discord admin for them for a while, played the demo, and participated in the pre-release game testing.
The last time I played was the release of Early Access! Unfortunately, like so many other games, it's slipped into my backlog while I work on Hashtag. (Insert crying emoji.) I plan on picking it back up and doing a detailed review in the future, so for now, I'll say- a unique setting unique critters, and a beautiful atmosphere. This was so much fun to play in the start, and I can't imagine it's gone anywhere but upwards since release.
Also, you can ride camels!
(The trailer is gorgeous- ditto for the art!)
- 3/14/23- Changelog added.