Survive the Nights is a unique FPS survival game focusing on teamwork, fortification, creativity and strategy. Secure a structure or roam free, the choice is yours. Gameplay focuses on realistic survival, post zombie infestation. Prepare during the day for the night to come. How many nights will you survive?
Developer: a2z Interactive
Links: Website, Discord
Modes: Singleplayer, Player hosted co-op, Player hosted dedicated servers, PvP
Release Date: Dec 21, 2017
Status: Early Access
- Dynamic & aggressive AI
- Take control of existing structures and fortify them with locks, traps, barricades and more
- Create self hosted servers to play solo or host your friends.
- Nightly, wave based Horde nights
- Realistic nutrition and hydration systems, a mental health system to discourage griefing in PvP
- Text based inventory & crafting, including an item placement feature for extra storage control/organization
- Dynamic weather, day & night cycles, varied world POIs
- Vehicles, crafting, electrical system
Inventory management requires impactful decision-making. Realistic nutrition and hydration systems, a mental health system to discourage griefing in PvP. I enjoy the way they handled food in StN. I'm a big fan of this idea of stew, of something calorie dense - of that mental image of tossing canned shit & various ingredients into the pot and trying to survive.
Disclosure: I was given a pair of keys from the community manager for the game.
I have to drum up the time to post a full review on the game- but I’ve been waiting until Dee, and I have logged more hours playing together in co-op mode.
I really like the game, and I didn’t think I would like it for various reasons; the constant horde nights, the text-based inventory, and the lack of actual base building. And strangely, all of those things ended up being… pluses? I’ll save the deep dive for the full review, but my vote is a YAY on trying it- get it on sale if you’re dubious, and pick it up off purchase to support the devs. If you own the game and haven’t played in a while, I sincerely encourage you to pick it back up and try it again because you may have missed a ton of new content- you can catch up with the changes via their website changelog.
- 3/14/23- Changelog added.