You and three friends are offered a week long, remote camping trip. However, you quickly discover that you are not where you think you are. You must find a way out. An open world single player or 4 player co-operative survival adventure game.
Developer: Fairview Games Inc.
Modes: Singleplayer, Co-op
Release Date: Unknown
Status: A closed Alpha was planned for Backers in Q1 2022, but that date fell through. No further access news has been discussed at this time.
- Explore the world to find supplies, what you do not find you may be able to craft with the items you collect.
- Solve the various puzzles found within the Substations in order to accomplish the ultimate goal of disabling the Wall.
- Keep a close eye on your status HUD to maintain your health as you fight through the changing seasons, wild animals and the occasional Settler camp.
- Craft tents and cabins to store supplies and survive the elements.
- Camp alone or bring along three friends to help you escape.
Info is pending.
I have the attention span of a gnat and finally got around to listening to the interview they did with a YouTube creator, and hmm- I have new thoughts. I was interested in the game before, but it was more low-key. I toddle after all survival games because of survival!
Hearing them say that DayZ mod inspired their original idea was intriguing. Even splicing off the PvP aspects of “current incarnation” DayZ, I didn’t get that vibe from watching any of The Gold River Project (TGRP) YT videos or their Twitch streams. That kinda… depth of survival. It comes across as more of a camping vibe- which, while outdoors, is more of an “I’m living outside” but not “I’m surviving. “It’ll be interesting to see where the bar lands regarding the grittiness of the survival aspects.
Keeping an eye out for TGRP to enter closed Alpha. I did back it for Alpha access, but it was delayed, and there’s been no sign of it happening soon.
- Developers took inspiration from the early days of DayZ mod (Epoch)- that kind of “dropped into the world and survive” aspect. Wander, explore, experience, and survive. (Interview with AtomicDuck, 2/14/21)
- It was intended to be more “sandbox” with no time limits, though toying with a more time-based ‘mode.’ (Interview with AtomicDuck, 2/14/21)
- Emphasis is really on mechanics, making sure things work, and that they’re functional (and fun!)
- While the developers have experience in Unreal and game development, this is the first game from Fairview Games studio.
- The developers want folks with the technology of up to five years of age to be able to play the game (i5, 1080, 16GB on High video settings at 60fps & up). They acknowledge, as a two-man team, that getting to that level of optimization will take time. (Discord post from Dev, must be server member)
- Devs released this interesting YT video highlighting aspects of their in-game Farming System (YT Video: New Farming System!) 11/29/21
- The current state of the crafting system, remember that things can change over time. (YT Video: New Crafting System) 11/9/21
- 3/9/23 - Changelog added.