Immerse yourself in a realistic struggle to survive in an African wildlife reserve. Explore the daily lives of hundreds of wild animals, & the complicated roles that humans play in the environment. Travel a vast open world & discover the history of the giant caldera known as The Great Circle.
Links: Website , Discord
Release Date: TBD
Status: In development- demo available!
- Play as animal or human
- Explore a giant African wildlife reserve
- Realistic environment featuring hundreds of creatures,
- Cinematic visuals & realistic environment
- Play freely in open world simulation, or play Story Mode
- Documentary Mode allows you to record your own wildlife documentaries
- Complete story missions to uncover Lore, and explore alternate story endings
I picked up the demo for TGC during Steam Survival Festival. Honestly, I didn’t find it half bad at all, and that was going in completely blind. I have to say that my experience was pretty buggy in various ways, but nothing that made me put down the game. I even had fun flying around, examining the terrain and other animals. The animal AI wasn’t even the worst looking I’ve experienced in a survival game, though there’s definite room for improvement and some hilarious-looking glitches to be found. The roadmap/list of planned features is very ambitious and will lend itself to an immersive & engaging experience, should they be implemented decently. The UI is a good starting spot, but the current layout/list of stats on the lower right-hand side is clunky as fuck. Overall, I think the game is worth watching- try that demo!
- 3/9/23 - Changelog added.