The Infected is a survival crafting game set in an open world sandbox. Build your base, defend and protect yourself from wildlife and infected Vambies. (Hybrid Vampire-Zombie)
- Survival mechanics including hunting, cooking, foraging, farming.
- Base building, including defensive aspects like fencing & barbed wire.
- Character Hunger, Thirst, Body Temperature Mechanics
- Item crafting, Power/Electricity Mechanics
- Aggressive AI include animals and hybrid zombie/vampire 'Vambies'
- Immersive atmosphere with a Day/Night cycle, weather conditions, and seasons.
- A public roadmap posted on Trello with suggestions from the community and features in the the works.
The Infected is very much on par with Subsistence in terms of survival mechanics, with a smidgen of a Green Hell style specificity. Your food needs are beyond just requiring food intake but are divided into specific types of nutrition, like protein and carbs. Seasonal changes will send you scrambling for the means to regulate the impact of changing temperatures on your body. While few games can approach Green Hell's intricate bandaging system, The Infected does at least have a few medical items that can be crafted to mend specific ailments. Health and energy bars round out the stats requiring attention.
First and foremost, I'm the Community Manager for The Infected. I run the social media accounts (Discord, Twitter, Steam) along with the Steam forums, etc. I've been doing this since end of August, 2020. So I'm not going to go crazy singing the praises of the game to avoid being accused of BIAASSSS.
I will say that The Infected is a solid choice to pick up if you enjoy the survival genre. Unlike many survival games, there's a large amount of customization that can be accomplished via the menu settings to tweak the game into your preferred setup. While it's definitely not as detailed as the customization available on a custom game of The Long Dark, there's still a lot of leeway allowed in tweaking the game to your preferred style of play. While many players praise the building style & freedom, not everyone is a fan of the complexity of the crafting system. On the flip side if you've played other survival titles- like Green Hell- then the crafting restrictions shouldn't bother you at all.
There is no additional Hashtag Survival content on this game at this time.