Xio:Survival is an open-world sandbox experience. Survive solo or enter the multiplayer-verse that is vast in size with various biomes to explore. Craft, loot, build and trade your way to riches, however, don’t get too comfortable, it can be taken from you quickly.
- Explore - Huge, unique and rich environments, offering the freedom to play the game any way you want, featuring 2 unique biomes and worlds up to 2x6K square kilometers in size.
- Craft – Handcraft weapons, melee and cooking recipes.
- Build – Design your fort to include traps, gadgets and defensive positions to survive the undead in a fully destructible and moldable world.
- Cooperate or Compete – Work together to build bases or against each other raiding other player’s bases.
- Create – Unleash your creativity with access to over 800 in-game items, and over 20 unique building blocks that offers infinite possibilities.
- Choose – Play inside the online world with dense forests, towns, lakes, mountains, valleys, roads, airport, farms with 4 unique locations.
- Combat – Encounter zombies, wildlife with unique behaviors and attacks progressing in difficulty to provide an infinite challenge.
- Survive – Experience real hardcore survival that impacts the gameplay in ways that can both challenge and aid in your survival.
- Co-op multiplayer – Play alongside your friends where teamwork is key to your success.
To be quite frank, I know exactly nothing about the survival systems in this game. The Discord doesn't provide any detail on any of the game mechanics or flesh out the smaller descriptions from the store page. The Steam store page says you will experience "real hardcore survival", and the screenshots from players located on the discussion boards do show icons for food, water, and energy. So at the very least it may encompass the same basic body/health stats that titles such as DayZ utilize. Beyond that- no idea until I try it.
Last Updated: 10/19/2022
A community member from the Hashtag Survival Discord brought this game to my attention- it was something she had seen GE play ages ago and she was passing the title off to me because I encourage all of my community members to send me names they don't see me talk about or list.
I took a few minutes to glance through the Steam page text- fairly generic zombie survival early access written content- and studied the included screenshots. They raised my SUS alert right off the bat to be honest- they just came across as overly polished and incredibly empty. Disappointingly, the developer and publisher names linked to the page were mostly dead ends: merchandise for a game/studio with basically nothing under their belt, and a 20 dollar out of the box price tag. I tossed the game name into YouTube and came up with some pretty interesting hits including some drama involving the developer and content creator BigFryTV, a weird video put out by the development team posted to their account encouraging folks to "ignore the noise" (the negative reviews??), a very recent video from mid July 2022 showcasing how empty of content the world is, and this video from the developers dated July 27th 2022 showing off a lot of beautiful footage of... empty environments, similar to what you'd see browsing the Unreal or Unity asset stores. There was an updated demo released for the most recent Steam Next Fest but I was unable to find time to try it out. It doesn't seem to have changed the reviews of folks on Steam, though folks in their personal Discord do seem somewhat engaged at least!
I'll mark myself as neutral to be fair, but I'd heavily advise keeping an eye on your time played if you do try it- don't miss that 2 hour or less refund window!
This is no further Hashtag Survival content on this title at this time.
Only trailer(s) I can find are ones on third party YouTube channels, nothing directly from the development team. Fairly generic zombie apocalypse footage in an Unreal Engine environment.