Zevolution is an ambitious open-world zombie survival game planned by Wild Wyvern Studios. It would be their first title.
Developer: Wild Wyvern Studio
Links: Website, YouTube, Discord
Modes: Multiplayer dedicated servers, more details to come?
Release Date: Unknown
Status: In development
- Multiple diverse biomes
- Character creation and customization
- Undead enemy AI
- Crafting and building
- Ability to play with both PvP and PvE content
- Transportation options- vehicles and horses
- Farming and animal husbandry
- Dynamic weather and seasons, including impact on building(s)
- NPC AI, with villages & available missions
I came across Zevolution in November of 2021 when their Kickstarter campaign launched. (I am an unashamed Kickstarter addict.)
It looks interesting! Since I missed out on backing The Long Dark, I’ve been kicking myself in the ass for the missed chance AND always looking for another interesting game to back. A survival game, that is; I feel like Kickstarter is 75% board games these days. Anyway. What caught my eye about the game was the overall look because I’m a sucker for a realistic open-world game with survival elements. I can honestly take or leave the zombies, but they’re in every game these days, so…
The Kickstarter didn't make it, and while development has continued, there are bouts of silence from the development team, broken up by small update posts. It makes it hard to understand the goals/intentions for the title or how quickly it's progressing. Something to keep an eye on.
- Wild Wyvern Studios was founded in 2020 by a father & son team. (Studio website)
- Zevolution attempted a Kickstarter campaign in November of 2021- unfortunately, it did not secure backing then.
- Though there was radio silence for quite a while, at the end of March 2022, the developer did release their first Devlog- hopefully the first of many moving forward.
- 3/9/23- Changelog Added.